This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Capital One 360. My family has been a one income family for over ten years now. When we found out we were expecting our first child, we decided I would stay home and take care of the kids and the house. We had to make a lot of sacrifices in order to achieve this dream, but it was well worth it. Gone were the days when we were eating dinner out several times a week and seeing plays and movies. We sold our new car and got a used van and stopped going to the mall every weekend buying things for the house and ourselves. It takes hard work and dedication to gain financial independence, but we found ways to attain that goal. In the process, we even found a ways to make it more enjoyable!
5 Ways To Make Saving Money Fun
- Play Games: We love to play board games, so instead of going out, we stay in and play our favorite games.
- Grow Food: This year we have started growing herbs and have tubs with our tomato and cucumber plants.
- Get Thrifty: We have found it is much more fun to go to the thrift store to buy clothes than to go to the mall. Yes, it is fun to have brand new clothes, but we have found lots of great deals on barely used name brands. We save a fortune on the kids school clothes each year.
- Cook From Scratch: We rarely go our for dinner, opting instead for a meal made from scratch. We found we are saving money, we enjoy cooking together and it tastes just as good as restaurant food!
- Yard Sales: To make extra money, we love to have yard sales. This allows us to sell the things we do not use or want and we can save what we make. We also have a lot of fun going to yard sales to pick up things we need.
Financial independence means something different to everyone. There are many more fun ways to save money your family can do to gain financial independence. Regardless of what it means to you, Capital One 360 wants to know what you are doing to get there. Whether you are packing a lunch or riding your bike to work, Capital One 360 wants to salute the everyday ways you save. Currently, Capital One 360 is hosting a creative way to win one of 60 $1,776 prizes.
To enter the #my360independence Sweepstakes, you can share your ideas for achieving financial independence by submitting your photo 0r sharing in your own words. From now until July 14, Capital One 360 will give away one cash prize daily – except for June 30 – July 3, when ten lucky people will win $1,776 per day.
Capital One 360 offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Capital One 360. You can stay current with Capital One 360 by following them on Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
How do you and your family make saving money fun?