Do you know how to curl your hair using your curling iron? I thought I did once upon a time, but I really don’t! I have used, or attempted to use curling irons over the years, but it seems I am not doing it correctly. It seems my curls end up flat and lifeless instead of springing full of curly life! I decided if I was going to curl my hair I should probably learn how! Here is what I found:
How To Curl Your Hair With A Curling Iron
- Temperature: In order to get a great start to gorgeous curls, you need the correct temperature. The rule of thumb is for looser curls, 320 degrees is right and for thicker hair, 430 degrees is perfect.
- Tangle Free: Before curling your hair, you need to give it a good brushing and get rid of any tangles you may have.
- Protection: If you curl your hair regularly, it is recommended you use a spray on heat protectant to keep from damaging your hair.
- Sectioning: To get the best results, you should separate your hair into sections that are 2”-3” apart.
- Curling: Many people don’t know this, but for loos curls, you don’t let the clamp of the curling iron be what curls your hair. Instead, you are to wrap your hair around the wand and then clamp down to hold in place while heating. For tighter curls, you would let the iron do the curling. In either case, hold for at least 10 seconds before releasing.
- Curling Iron: The most important part of the great curling iron debate is the curling iron itself. If you don’t have a good curling iron in your arsenal, you may as well not even bother! The name I trust with my hair and the products I use on it is John Frieda.
Getting The Perfect Curl
I am on a one woman mission to getting the perfect curl if it is the last thing I do!! I knew it couldn’t be difficult; I just needed to get proper instructions! I was so glad to have the opportunity to try out one of the latest products from John Frieda as they are my favorite and most iconic company in the industry. I was sent the John Frieda Loose CURLS 1¼-inch barrel curling iron ($24.99) and I love it!! Caitlin had recently gotten her hair cut and styled and in order to get the look correct, she is to use a curling iron. The curls are supposed to be loose and a little messy and after practicing with the John Frieda Loose CURLS curling iron, we got the look we wanted. I am really happy with our new curling iron and I am equally happy I finally know how to use it correctly!! To keep up with the latest news from John Frieda, you can like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.