First off, it is important to keep your drain clog free and clean and affresh® Disposal Cleaner is the right tool for the job when it comes to keeping your disposal spic and span. You can purchase it at amazon.com/affresh. If you have funky odors coming from the sink and it is clogged, chances are you have one of the following foods clogging it up!
- Banana peels
- Potato peels
- Avocado skins
- Egg shells
- Coffee grounds
You can fight odor-causing residues with the powerful foaming action of affresh® Disposal Cleaner and clean your sink with bubbles produced from the cleaner. I love a dual purpose product don’t you?
- TURN ON hot water to a low flow
- PLACE 1 tablet in the disposal
- TURN ON disposal for 15-30 seconds. Foam may rise.
- TURN OFF disposal
- RINSE away foam and any residue down the drain *The water stream needs to be low in order for this to work properly.
Ways to unclog your drain if affresh doesn’t do the trick.
- Use a plunger
- Tap the disposal, sometimes it is on safety mode.
- Liquid drain unclogger
- Last case scenario use an object to dislodge the peels. I don’t recommend your hand.