I am fortunate enough to be a blogger sponsored by Filtrete. This means that they send me product to use in my home, so I can share my experiences about the product with you. I have done a few posts so far:
- Keeping a clean Home Starts with your Filter was the first in a four post series. I talked about how a clean filter was beneficial for the recent loves of my life; my kids.
- The second post was about another love in my life; my pets. I told you how Pet Owners Can Maintain A Clean Home.
For my third post, I will talk about the love of my life, for the rest of my life; my husband. He has allergies. Lots of them. When the man is miserable, the whole household suffers. We even have a fancy dancy room filter to help when he sleeps, but it is nice to know the whole house can be allergen and dust free. Look at this image above. This is 3 months of dust. Yuck right! Installing the Filtrete Micro Allergen Reduction Filter (MPR 1000) will give us three more months of protection. It is hot in Florida, so our air conditioner is in overdrive. This year the winter was even hot, so we haven’t turned it off. Even when we are not home (as in on vacation) we have to keep our air running or we come home to mildew. Did you know that some filters restrict airflow because they are too tightly woven? The Filtrete Micro Allergen Reduction Filter provides a balance of particle capture and airflow. This is awesome because it helps to prevent stress on the air conditioning system. It also reduces the amount of energy needed to reach the desired temperature I am comfortable at. This savings translates to more money in my pocket! According to EnergyStar, the average household spends more than $2,200 a year on energy bills, with half of this directly related to heating and cooling costs. That is an insane amount of money!
Filtrete Micro Allergen Reduction Filter is perfect for allergen capture, cleaner indoor air and efficient system maintenance. You can find this little miracle at Lowe’s, Target, Walmart, and your local hardware store. Or you can find a location near you by visiting FindMyFiltreteFilter.com. The filter lasts for up to three months and retails for $10.97. In addition to my awesome insights, here are some Summer home maintenance tips from Mike Holmes:
Short on time but looking to cross a few healthy home maintenance to-dos off your list? Trusted HGTV Contractor Mike Holmes recommends these tasks that can each be completed in 20 minutes or less!
- Air conditioning filters: Use an electrostatically charged Filtrete Brand air filter to help capture dust, pollen and lint from the air passing through the filter. Plus, changing your filter at the start of every season helps protect and maintain your system.
- Hot water heaters: Set hot water heaters at 120 degrees Fahrenheit or below to avoid potential scalding.
- Stove: Remove and wash stove grates, burners and coils with warm water and soap. Over time, grease can build up around the stove, increasing the chances of a fire.
- Fire extinguishers: Check the expiration dates on your fire extinguishers. You should keep one on each floor of your home.
- Cracks: Inspect the floor, walls and foundation of the home for cracks. Jot them down on your home to-do list, and fix them before they lead to deterioration and wood rot.
Stay in touch with @Filtrete on their social media channels and register to receive seasonal e-newsletters featuring special offers, filter change reminders, better home living tips and more by visiting their website, www.Filtrete.com.