My wedding was a complete blur. Chris and I got married when I was 4 months pregnant with Aidan. I am pretty sure my father was somewhere holding a shotgun and two tickets to Las Vegas. Instead of eloping, we planned our wedding in just a few short months and had your typical country club wedding. There wasn’t much time to focus on fine details. My focus was making sure my guests had a great time…and they did! My best friend Melissa FINALLY got engaged last year. I say finally because she was supposed to be the first of us girls to tie the knot, have kids, and do all of those adult things. We never thought that I’d beat her to the punch. I sure am glad that I did, though. Now I get to focus my free time and energy to helping her plan her own wedding. I have to say, it is a blast! We are doing pretty much everything ourselves. It helps that she is super crafty and creative. She has the majority of the amazing ideas. I, on the other hand, am her backup. I do have some pretty great tricks up my sleeve, though! Just recently, I hand crafted one of her bridal shower gifts. Hopefully she doesn’t see this post, because the shower hasn’t happened yet…but I’m way too excited not to share! I’ve created her a super adorable DIY wedding dress hanger, and I’m pretty sure she’s going to love it!
How To: DIY Wedding Dress Hanger
- 14 Gauge floral wire in a color of your choice
- Wooden hanger
- Super glue
- Pliers with wire cutters
- Electric Drill w/ small drill bit
- Optional- Tulle, Ribbon, Pearls, Bling
- Start bending and shaping the wire into the words and letters that you would like to use. Be sure to leave at least 2″ of extra wire on each side.
- As you are shaping the words, compare it to the hanger in order to be sure that you are sizing it appropriately. *I had to do this step twice because my letters were way too big the first time!
- Once you have shaped the wire, hold it up against the hanger and center it. Mark on the hanger where you want to drill your holes.
- Use the power drill to drill up and in to the hanger. You do not want to go all the way through, but far enough in that the hanger and glue hold properly.
- Trim the wire so that it is centered and positioned properly. Squirt a little bit of glue in to each hole. I used E6000 glue. Insert the end of the wire into each hole.
- Let the hanger set. Once the glue dries you can then finish shaping the letters to make sure it looks perfect.
- At this point you can use tulle or ribbon to tie a bow around the hanger. I super glued pearls to the one featured. Use your imagination or leave it plain!
The total cost of this DIY wedding dress hanger was $3.31! How amazing, right? I think that it turned out pretty amazing! Speaking of amazing, as I mentioned, we have the bridal shower coming up in just one short week. I shared my white bridal smile secret with my best friend, Melissa. My smile secret is Crest 3D Flexfit Whitestrips, of course! When it comes to bridal beauty, teeth-whitening is one of the biggest priorities on a wedding checklist. In only 2 weeks, Crest 3D White Supreme Flexfit Whitestrips can whiten teeth as well as a $500 laser treatment. I am seriously obsessed with how great these whitestrips have worked!
The ideal time to whiten for a wedding is two weeks in advance of the big day. Crest 3D White Supreme Flexfit Whitestrips whitens in just one hour a day for 2 weeks. We have been able to do our wedding crafting and whitening at the same time! Melissa made me the most adorable gift asking me to be her Maid of Honor. The Crest 3D Flexfit Whitestrips looked perfect in the gift box she crafted!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.