Mandarin Orange Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Author: Jennifer Medeiros
Recipe type: Breakfast
Mandarin Oranges and Oatmeal come together to bring you a very hearty and tasty breakfast treat!
- 1-1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil (I use coconut)
- 1 t of pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups old fashioned uncooked oats
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1-1/2 t baking soda
- 1-1/2 t cinnamon
- ½ t salt
- 1 15 ounce can drained mandarin oranges
- ½ cup old fashion uncooked oats
- 2 T butter
- 2 t flour
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl (if you use coconut oil make sure everything is at room temperature) add 1-1/2 cups of oatmeal.
- Let soak for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the mixture is moistened.
- Set aside 12 mandarin oranges and mix in the rest of the drained can.
- Divide evenly into muffin tin (12 count square is pictured)
- Add one madarin orange to the top of each muffin batter.
- Create Streusel by mixing the last 5 ingredients in a small bowl until sandy.
- Sprinkle batter evenly with streusel.
- Bake 22 minutes or until center comes out clean when poked with a toothpick
- Let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan
While the muffins are cooling is a good time to reform the tops so they stay round or square by sliding the spill over toward the center. This way it will harden in the right formation as it cools.