We had a Picnic Party in the Park in collaboration with Smucker’s ® Natural Peanut Butter and National Parks Conservation Association. This is the fourth consecutive year to support the effort of the NPCA to conserve America’s parks. They will be donating $100,000 and encouraging their consumers to get involved with the NPCA activities like the Picnic in the Park Party.
We had a bit of a time finding the hiking trail that was open and the big boys wanted to picnic at the tables. The little boys and I went and roughed it so we could use the blanket.
We chose to go to the National Everglades Park and go on the hiking trails. We are fairly close to this park and you can see the greatest wildlife and flora for photographs.
Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter is made from only the best fresh roasted peanuts and is perfect on a PB&J or for creating recipes like these peanut butter oatmeal bars. I love that Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter tastes just like you are chewing the peanuts with an unprocessed, pure and simple taste. You can find Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butters available in five varieties:
- Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Creamy
- Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Chunky
- Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Honey
- Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter Reduced Fat
- Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter No Salt
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- ½ c Smucker’s ® Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ c chopped walnuts
- ½ c chopped dried cranberries
- ½ t salt
- ½ c light brown sugar
- 3 T butter, melted
- Mix together oats, coconut, walnuts, cranberries, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugar.
- Fold in the oat mixture.
- Spread the mix in an 8 x 8 greased glass dish
- Bake 25 minutes at 375