One of my favorite comfort foods of all time is peanut butter. There’s just something about the rich, creamy taste of peanut butter that makes me smile. Just about the only way you could improve on peanut butter is by adding it to chocolate. These delicious brownies combine the tastes of both chocolate and peanut butter into one dessert that will definitely make you feel better no matter what type of day you’ve had. I just know you will love this Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe.
- 1 family sized box of brownie mix
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or butter flavoring
- non stick spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the brownie mix according to the manufacturer's directions on the box.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter and flavoring in a bowl.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan.
- Pour the milk mixture on top of the brownie mixture.
- Using a knife, swirl through the brownie batter to create a design.
- Bake according to package direction adding 4 minutes to make up for extra batter.
- Test for done-ness. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.
Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at Confessions of an Overworked Mom