The older I get, the more aware I am of the state of our planet. When I was in my teens and twenties, and even my thirties, I did not think much about how well Mother Earth was faring. I would chuck a plastic bottle into the trashcan over a recycle bin in a New York minute. Now that I am older, I regret making those choices and try to be more eco friendly in my actions. This also carries over into other areas of my life, even as far as gift giving goes. I prefer to give planet friendly gifts whenever possible because it makes me as well as the recipient feel great. I have a high school graduate on my list and wanted to share the list of five potential gifts I plan to gift them this May.
5 Eco Friendly Gifts For High School Grads
- Bamboo Bedding: My grad will be going off to college this fall, so I am thinking about their dorm room. I think a nice bamboo sheet set or comforter would make an excellent gift.
- Fair Trade Jewelry: I love to give meaningful pieces of jewelry and if it comes from a place of social good, even better! Often these sellers give a portion of their proceeds either directly to the artisan who made the piece or to their village.
- Beauty Basket: Make the gal grad a basket filled with yummy smelling organic hair and body products.
- Organic Cookbooks: My grad will be living on their own for the first time and will need to learn to cook. A cookbook is not only a thoughtful but a practical gift as well.
- Organic Snack Box: Let them fight the freshman 15 with an organic snack box like the one from Urthbox!
I started going more organic with my diet about a year ago and it has made a huge difference. I feel better, have lost a little weight and know I am doing the right thing for the planet. In order to spread this feeling and concept, giving a monthly subscription box from Urthbox is just they way to go about it. The company is as concerned about folks delicious discovery of healthy new snacks as they are about the planet. Every month they will put together a box for you that will offer safe, healthy and natural products from trustworthy brands that you can purchase at your local stores or at the UrthBox Shop.
You can choose form the Classic, Gluten-Free, Vegan or Diet box option, and the prices range from $9 up to $50 for a suitcase full of snacks (just kidding, it won’t come in a suitcase) and you can choose from 1, 3, 6, 9 or 12 month. They will send you foods, beverages, snacks and more that are NON-GMO, Organic and All Natural, right to your door every month and they will even pay for the shipping! I received my large Urthbox (ARV $50) and it was filled with some of the most delicious as well as unusual items I have even seen. The dried cantaloupe was divine and the chipotle almonds had my taste buds doing a jig! I love that there was such a variety of salty and sweet, savory and there was even a beverage included! With Urthbx, you can enjoy up to 30 brand new full-sized products every month, earn big loyalty points for every purchase, redeemable at the UrthBox Shop and you can cancel anytime you like (but why would you want to?) One USA reader will win one Classic Urthbox ARV $30.