With Thanksgiving creeping up ever so slowly, I have been scouring the magazines to search for inspiration. I came across a few recipes, but did not quite have all the ingredients, so I ended up combining three I found and then added a little “Jen” and I give to you a shredded radicchio apple salad. I love how the sweetness of the apples balances out the bitterness of the radicchio. I also substituted zero calorie Walden’s Mayo to save on some calories, but feel free to use the real thing!
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ Waldens mayonnaise
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- ¼ finely chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups of sliced radicchio (1 large head)
- 3 Granny Smith apples,cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine the buttermilk and mayonnaise until smooth
- Add the spices
- Toss together radicchio, feta, apples, and lemon juice.
- Toss the dressing with the radicchio mixture
- Chill and serve.
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.