Do you have one of those recipes that brings you back to your childhood? This Raspberry Poke Cake Recipe is just one of those. It reminds me of summers with my mom and sister, then later as a new wife and mom, and now as a mom all over again; it is still a huge hit! The recipe can vary from type of cake to the flavor of jello, but the way you assemble it is all of the same. I was reminded about this cake when I was sent a Good Cook nonstick covered cake pan with a lid. I immediately remembered how I always wished my cake pans had a lid for this cake specifically! It really looks yummy and perfect for hot summer days!
- 1 box cake mix (or make yours from scratch) I use either white, yellow or confetti
- 1 box of jello (I prefer raspberry)
- 1 canister of whip cream
- Make the cake according to the directions on the box, and let cool
- Stab the cake repeatedly with a fork to relieve all aggressive tendencies (or to make holes)
- Prepare the jello with the quick method and pour over the holes in the cake
- Refrigerate until jello is firm
- Top with Whip Cream and garnish
I love all of the neat tools at Good Cook! They always have great sales, giveaways, and fun activities. Right now you can win $100,000! Enter for a chance at Good Cook!