Although I love to decorate, that does not mean that I am creative. I have an okay sense of color and space but I am not one to tackle a project with an original idea! I have always loved looking through magazines like House Beautiful, Country Home and Southern Living. I love to see pictures of what other people have done in their homes. I am not shy about stealing inspiration from others hard work if it will make my house look better! With Pinterest, that has opened up a whole new world for sharing creative information. There are so many talented people out there that have generously shared their creations with the world. From them, I have drawn inspiration for some decorating tips. I have a few blank walls in my house and I needed some help to know what to do with them, so I went online to see what ideas were floating around. Here are my favorite five suggestions for what to do with an empty wall:
- Shelves: If you have a blank wall and need to fill it, shelves are a great way to do that. You can use any type shelf you like, but floating shelves are popular right now. Some people love to line up treasured figures, clocks or pictures while others stack books or small pieces of art. No matter what you put on it, a shelf is a great place to put it.
- Framed Lettering: A new trend in decorating is framed letters that are hung to spell a word, name or phrase. On a recent DIY television show, the host explained the word “Family” was the most popular word used.
- Tiled Artwork: Another popular trend right now is to take a favorite photograph and turn it into several tiles that are then hung. The result is a statement making piece of art for your home and a great blank wall solution.
- Calendars: Although calendars are very useful during the year you use them, they lose their need on 12/31. If you choose your calendar wisely, you just may be able to take the images from the calendar, frame them and fill your empty wall with them.
- Wall Decals: One of the most popular and affordable solutions for a boring blank wall are wall decals. Some companies offer you a few landscapes, kid friendly images or animal pictures. Those companies are fine, but are they enough? Well, if you want more of a selection, Wallmonkeys and their more than 20 million images to choose from are for you.
What To Do With An Empty Wall
When Caitlin and I were both redecorating our rooms, we both had some blank walls to deal with. We both like the Paris theme and we did not have a lot of Paris decor yet. When I saw that Wallmonkeys had so many images to choose from, I thought I could easily find what I wanted. Boy was that an understatement. With over 2 million choices, when I typed “Paris” in the search and thousands popped up, I should not have been surprised! It took Caitlin and I two days to figure out which prints we were going to settle on! I really love mine because with my love of photography, it is perfect. Caitlin just liked the looks of hers, and I must admit, I did too! I think we both did really well! We both decided on the 24″ size which both retail for $29.99.
Wallmonkeys started as a way for parents to get custom printed graphics of their kids playing sports. Instead of professional athletes adorning their walls, they wanted their own sports stars. With no other companies printing graphics from their customers personal photos, this was a ripe area for the picking. This was four years ago and now Wallmonkeys is offering that same unique service with top notch customer service. The decals are printed on a very high quality material that is not flimsy like those other companies. You can choose from land or seascapes, fine art or pop art or pictures of cats, monkeys, cars or rocks if you are into them. Bottom line is that whatever you want, Wallmonkeys has probably got it and if you cannot find it, upload it and ask them to print it for you.
One USA reader will win a 36″ decal of their choice (ARV $50.oo+)