Technology has become such an integral part of our lives over the past few decades. You cannot go anywhere without seeing someone on their smartphone, tablet or computer. Those long flights across the country have been made more bearable with the use of technology. Offices everywhere have computers in every cubicle and use tablets for important presentations. Kids as young as pre-school are even using computers and tablets in the classroom. So, the question now is how helpful can using tablets in the school be? Here are a few things to consider on the subject:
5 Reasons Your Kid Needs A Tablet For School
- Tactile Learning: Many kids are tactile learners, which means, they learn best with hands on lessons. By using the touchscreen of a computer, kids stay more focused and interested in the task at hand.
- Cost Effective: Although a good tablet may have a hefty price tag, in the long run, they are more economical. The cost of text books is getting more expensive every year. This is pushing schools to offer textbooks online, making a tablet a necessary tool.
- Free Resources: Once you have your tablet, the number of educational resources is enormous and most are free. If you are homeschooling a child, this is an incredibly cost effective way to do it.
- Missed Days: If you have a child who is sick or if you go on vacation and they and miss school, it seems like they will never get caught up. With the convenience of a tablet, teachers can send lessons via email, allowing your kids to stay current.
- Personalized Learning: Teachers can keep track of their student’s progress and can tailor make lesson plans. This allows your child to learn at their best potential and takes work of the teachers.
When it comes to deciding on the tablet which is best for your family, Walmart has you covered! Walmart is known for their great prices, high quality products and large selection. They know when you have kids going back to school, the list of supplies can be a long one. In addition to pencils, pens, notebook paper, binders and highlighters, the kids may need a tablet for their schoolwork. If this is the case, you cannot beat the Nextbook 8 Tablet. This tablet comes in red, blue and silver and these limited edition back to school models are available at Walmart stores nationwide and on Walmart.com for just $80. If you prefer, the black Nextbook 8 is available in stores and online for $100.
Your child, or you for that matter, would love the sleek design of the Nextbook 8 Android 8 tablet. It has a 7.85” high-definition color touch screen, the Android 4.2 Jelly bean operating system and a super fast and high-performance quad-core processor. This tablet allows you to easily navigate between documents, emails, surfing the web and more. The tablet comes pre-loaded with Google Play as well as apps for Gmail, Chrome, Google Talk, Google+, Google Maps, YouTube, and more. If you love to read, the Nextbook 8 also comes pre-loaded with the Barnes and Noble NOOK for Android app so you can buy and read your favorite books with the touch of a finger. For more detailed information on the Nextbook 8 Android Tablet, you can visit the Nextbook website.
Do you think tablets for school is a smart move?