Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 4 red velvet cupcakes (without icing)
- Mix the egg yolks and the sugar together and add to a large sauce pan.
- Mix in the heavy cream and milk over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, but do not allow the mixture to boil. Stirring constantly. This will allow the eggs to cook slowly without curdling.
- Allow the ice cream mix to cool for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Crumble the 4 cupcakes with a fork.
- Once the ice cream base has cooled add it to your ice cream maker and mix according to the manufacturers directions
- Fold in the cupcakes and ice cream in your container and allow to harden for a few hours in the freezer to desired consistency.
This delicious recipe was inspired by one of the Renuzit Tempting Indulgences “scent” to me. The Tempting Indulgences line comes in creme brulee, red velvet cake, and chocolate covered cherries. You can purchase this home-warming scent at Walmart in the air freshener section. You can make every day sweeter by adding a dessert fragrance to your home.
You can see my whole path to purchase to see my Walmart shopping trip for my Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream recipe on my Google Plus Album. I used to be a store merchandiser so when ever I go shopping it is always an unconscious habit for me to straighten the aisles. It is funny the things that your children emulate. The Renuzit section is rather large in Walmart so he had quite the task set before him. It was not long after until his brother, Mason, joined him.
Make Every Day Sweeter
After shopping for all our ingredients, we set out to make every day sweeter. I had the kids help me make the Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream Recipe Inspired By Renutiz. It was so delicious, it was soon gone. I am pretty sure this is my favorite ice cream creation recipe yet. The cream cheese made the ice cream super scoopable and added just the right hint of frosting essence. I keep my Red Velvet cake air freshener on the bookshelf behind my desk to make every day sweeter for me. There is nothing like the scent of something to trigger fond memories of your family creating, sharing, and enjoying Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream. You too can make every day sweeter by joining Renuzit on Facebook.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Renuzit #CBias #SocialFabric