The transition into mommy-hood is a tough one. Everything is different now. My body, my skin and especially my hair. My hair used to be incredibly thick and curly. Since Aidan was born it has become much thinner and has taken on a wave. I will go ahead and say that this is probably the one part of me that has changed that I’m not entirely upset about! Even though my hair is more manageable now, it has lost some of the luster from my younger years. I normally have to put a bit of extra work in to getting that smooth and shiny hair from my youth.
5 Ways To Achieve Smooth And Shiny Hair
- Hydrate: The amount of water you drink affects every part of your body, especially your hair! When you are dehydrated, your hair will begin to loose it’s luster. Drink at least 8 glasses a day to avoid having limp, dry hair.
- Deep Treatments: Using a deep treatment consisting of olive oil or coconut oil will keep the shaft of your hair healthy and shiny. Every couple of weeks, swap your conditioner with olive oil to keep your hair in it’s prime.
- Great Shampoo and Conditioner: A great shampoo and conditioner is key to healthy hair. It is also one of the most controllable ways to achieve shiny hair, since it’s something you will do multiple times a week. Make sure your shampoo and conditioner is non-abrasive. You don’t want to strip all of the oil from your hair!
- Get A Trim: Split ends are your hair’s nemesis. They will single-handily make your hair look dry and frayed. The sure fire way to combat split ends is by getting your hair trimmed regularly. Schedule an appointment every 3-6 months with your stylist.
- Use Natural Styling Products: A lot of the styling products out there are full harsh chemicals that will hold your hair in place but in long run are quite damaging. Using products made with natural oils and extracts are the best way to keep your locks healthy.
While smooth and shiny hair is attainable, it does take some effort. I would say that the most convenient and practical method to getting and maintaining smooth and shiny hair is by using the right shampoo and conditioner in conjunction with quality natural hair care products. White Sands Gel-Us ($15.40) is not just your average gel. This lightweight yet firm, flexible styling aid works synergistically in styling and conditioning.
White Sands Gel-Us locks-in moisture, so each cuticle layer is closed to eliminate frizz and improve texture. Made without alcohol it will not dry out the hair. Giving you a long-lasting hold with the ability to repel moisture and humidity. Features more than 15 floral and herbal extracts like marshmallow root, sage, hops, rosemary, orchid, thyme and dandelion, together they work to soften and smooth while amplifying body and strength as the roots become nourished. Gel-Us also excels as a natural curl definer.