I have always been a sucker for a good love story! My favorite movies to watch are those with romance and love as the main theme. My family makes fun of me all the time because I will make sure I am loaded up on tissues before I start to watch one. I have an affinity for the classics as well as those newer films which I believe will become a classic. If you also love to see a good romance movie, or chick flick as my husband calls it, I bet some of my top 5 favorites are yours as well!
5 Top Love Stories Of All Time
- Romeo and Juliet: The book was better than any movie remake, but if I had to choose, the version from 1968 with Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey in the starring roles is my favorite.
- An Affair To Remember: I could watch this movie starring Carey Grant and Deborah Kerr over and over again! Even though I know the ending, I still cry every time.
- Love Story: I could not list my top 5 without mentioning the classic with Ryan O’Neal and Ali McGraw. I mean, that title says it all, right?!
- The Notebook: I absolutely love this movie, but for me, I loved Gena Rowlands and James Garner more than the younger cast members. I know everyone was hot for Ryan Gossling, but the true love story for me was between the couple in their later years.
- The Fault In Our Stars: This movie is one of the most anticipated summer films by my daughter and I, We have been dying to see it since we saw the first trailer on television. I love the basis for this story because it is a bit unusual. It reminds me a little of Love Story or of even A Walk To Remember.
If you have not heard about The Fault In Our Stars, it is a new film which will hit theaters on June 6th. Granted I have not seen it, but I am adding it to my top five love stories of all time because I know it will be one! The story is about Hazel and Gus, who are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on a journey. The story is about a love which is profound, deep and shows us how fragile life and love can be.
Based upon the number-one bestselling novel by John Green, the film explores the funny, thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel’s other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. The movie stars the wonderful Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as well as Willem Dafoe, Nat Wolff, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, Mike Birbiglia, and Emily Peachey.
If you have not heard about the film, or want to see this great trailer, please enjoy!