In my quest to get my life organized, I have been making changes to be more eco-friendly. It turns out that with going green, I also get to keep my clutter down to a dull roar. I have already been recycling, which has cut down on our garbage considerably. I am also using green laundry and kitchen products as well as bath and skin care products. I have even begun using vegan makeup and using washcloths to take makeup off instead of disposable wipes. One of the last places I needed to get control was over my paperwork. Here are 5 tips for going paperless in your home:
- Opt Out: Get rid of that junk mail. It is a pain in the neck to call all of these businesses so let someone else do it for you. There are plenty of free services that will help you get your mailbox nice and clean.
- Online Billing: Instead of having your bills sent to your snail mailbox, have them sent to your email box instead. By paying your bills online instead of with a check, you are also cutting down on that paper trail as well.
- Question Copying: Before you hit print, ask yourself if this is something you need to have on paper. 90% of the time, you will not need to print that not so important piece of paper.
- Use Those Apps: Instead of keeping all of those manuals that come with your toaster and can opener, use the app that is usually available if you need help figuring out how to use it. Recycle those thick and mostly useless hot to books instead!
- Scan Not File: Why would you keep your taxes from 1999 and your grades from the 4th grade? Instead of keeping volumes of paperwork, why not scan it? With the Doxie Scanner, you really have no reason not to go digital instead of archival.
Tips For Going Paperless
Once I saw how easy it was to cut down on all of the paper I keep in my house, I got excited! When you think about it, this digital thing opens up a whole new world! I am a huge pack rat when it comes to keeping things, especially the kids mementos from school. I have every piece of art, grades, accolades and everything in between. Once I found the easy tips for going paperless, I was ready to jump in. The Doxie makes going paperless so incredibly easy! One of the things I loved the most about the Doxie is that because it uses an SD card, I am not chained to my computer. Everything you need to get started comes with your Doxie, so you can easily sync your computer and it is small enough to fit in a drawer when you aren’t using it. The Doxie also has cutting edge technology that makes each document, piece of art work or other paper crisp and sharp. You can save your scans, they are easy to search form you can send the scan to an app or you can upload it to the cloud via Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Flickr, and tons more. Whatever is easiest for you, the Doxie can make your life so much easier. I absolutely love my Doxie and I have already scanned a ton of papers that I can now recycle. I have even scanned transcripts to our local college for my husband to begin classes in the fall! Thanks Doxie!
One USA reader will win a Doxie ($149.00) as well as the skin in their choice of color.