A dog may be man’s best friend, but my purse is mine! My bag is like a good friend who will carry all of my stuff and keep it safe too. Even though my kids are 12 and 15, I still carry a big bag so I am sure to have everything I need when I am out. I would rather have too much than to be stuck somewhere without what I need. No matter the size of the bag you carry, many of us tend to carry similar items in our purses. I am going to show you what I have in mine (in addition to your wallet, keys and that kind of stuff) and you can see if I have the top ten things to carry in your purse.
Top 10 Things Women Carry In Their Purse
- Hand Sanitizer: I do not go anywhere without my hand sanitizer. With a nursing background, I know how important it is to keep your hands clean and it is also great for cleaning wounds, etc., if you get in a bind.
- Hair Accessories: I always have a brush and a few hair bands in my bag because Caitlin NEVER remembers to bring hair bands when we are out.
- Pain Reliever: A headache, back pain or other aches and pains can ruin your whole day. I never leave home without a few pain relievers for my back pain.
- Notebook And Pen: I am a note taker and go by a to-do list, so I always keep paper and pen with me.
- A Good Book: I always have a book in case I get stuck somewhere and I get bored.
- A Tablet: I hate to carry my laptop everywhere I go, but I want to stay connected, so I carry my tablet.
- Make-Up: I carry a small make-up bag with mascara, lip gloss and my compact for quick touch ups.
- Small First Aid Kit: I have kids and I am a klutz, so band aids, antibiotic ointment and a few other essentials are must haves.
- Lady Products: Caitlin calls this her emergency kit. It is a small waterproof bag with a tampon, pad, fresh panties and wet wipes.
- Snack: I usually have protein bars, raisins, fruit and water in case we get the munchies.
Just as important as what we carry in our purse, is the purse we carry. I want to be prepared for anything so I like to carry a large bag. I am also pretty rough on my bags, so I usually prefer a sturdy leather bag over a thin cotton bag. When I am looking for high quality, style and function, I prefer the handbags from Buxton. This company of fine leather goods was started by Dana Buxton back in the late 1800’s. When a hole in his pocket kept him from keeping up with his keys, Julia Buxton designed a small leather pouch for her husband to carry them in. The item became popular with friends and family and the business was soon born. I was sent the Horseshoe Lock Tote and I absolutely LOVE it! This gorgeous and chic large tote, normally sells for $170 on the Buxton website, but is on sale for $100. It was a huge life saver when we recently went on vacation. I was able to pack my Horseshoe Lock Tote with everything I would need for the day, leave the hotel and was set for the day.
The bag is roomy, has pockets for your phone and PDA, but I used it for my charger and cords. There is a roomy outside pocket on the front and rear and the handsome silver nickle lock tab keeps all my stuff safely in place. The adjustable cross body strap makes carrying the bag very comfortable, but if you prefer, it can easily be removed. It even has a removable leather key fob, which is perfect for me because I am always losing my keys!
I am excited to offer our readers an exclusive 25 % discount code on the Horseshoe Lock Tote Just use the code makobi2014 at checkout to receive your discount.
You can also find fine leather wallets, billfolds, passport covers, tablet and laptop cases and much more. There is a line for men as well as women, so you have a great variety for everyone in your family. Be sure to stay current with Buxton by following them on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. One USA reader will win the Horseshoe Lock Tote in Olive $100.
What are the must have items you carry in your purse?